We know most people love a good Chicken Chow Mein. Our chefs at Imperial Tai-Pan have designed a easy and healthy (yes really) version for you to make at home taking only 30 minutes!
• 1 lb (500 g) Cooked boneless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
• 1/4 (1 ml) salt
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry sherry
• 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) white pepper
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch
• 1 lb (500 g) Chinese-style steamed noodles or cooked thin egg noodles
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Chicken Stock
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced ginger
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced onions
• 3 large dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced
• 2 cups (500 ml) Chinese flowering chives or green onions, cut in quarters
• 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sesame oil
• 3 cups (750 ml) bean sprouts, tightly packed
• Black pepper to taste
Combine chicken with your marinade ingredients (soy sauce, salt, dry sherry, white pepper and cornstarch), mix well and set aside.
Boil noodles in large amount of boiling water as per package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat wok over high heat, add stock and bring to the boil. Add ginger, onions, and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Stock should thicken slightly. Add flowering chives or green onions and sesame oil; stir to mix for 1 minute. (If using green onions, cook for 30 seconds).
Remove from heat. Stir in bean sprouts and season with pepper. Pour chicken mixture over noodles, serve & enjoy! This recipe serves 4.
June 20, 2012